Thursday 17 January 2013

Glossybox January 2013

So yesterday I recieved my first Glossybox delivery and I was very pleased with my products! This months theme was 'Detox' after all the crap we've been eating and putting on our bodies over Christmas! Most of my products we're face products which I'm very happy about!

So the first product I'm going to talk about is a lip balm and so far I absolutely ADORE this product! It contains Aloe and Beeswax and smells like After Eights! It goes on my lips really easily and lasts for a really long time before I have to reapply! It also 'warms' my lips, it tingles and burns slightly, but not too much that it's painful, it's just...nice! I was so lucky to get this because I recently lost my lip balm and I didn't want to buy a new one until I found it... luckily I didn't because I love this product and will definately keep on using it! Cost- £1.99 | Total cost of box- £1.99

 
The next product is a face toner. It's the Premae Skincare Balance Rescue Face Tonique. I haven't had a chance to try this yet but I am excited as I havn't used a toner regularly before! I have the Simple toner but I haven't used that very much and I would like to try some new face products to see if a new skincare routine can clean up these damn spots of mine! Cost (sample size)- £16.5 | Total cost of box- £18.49
I also got a body lotion by Duck Island. When I got this the name just made me laugh so much! It's scent is Madarin and Bergamot (I have absolutely no idea what a bergamot is!) it smells great and has a really feminine fragrance. It goes on the skin nicely and you can feel the effects straight away! I can't wait to rub this all over my skin! (That was a sentence you would NOT want to overhear in a conversation!) Cost (sample size)- £5.99 | Total cost of box- £24.48
I've only ever used a face mask before and I ended up having to scrub it off my skin because it burned so much! So I'm a bit wary of this next product. It's the Monu Aromatic Mask. It's a warming facial mask (these are the words that worry me!... How 'warming' is it?!?) but I will try it and hopefully it will make my skin hydrated and warmed! Cost (sample size)- £7.49 | Total cost of box- £31.97
The last skincare product I got was a Elemis Fresh Skin Skin Glow Facial Exfoliator and this is one of the main products in the box that excites me! I have one other exfoliating wash and I love it SO much! I'm really looking forward to using this and I hope it has the same -if not better- effects of my Simple one! Cost (sample size)- £3.60 | Total cost of box- £35.57

Glossybox also threw in a special sleep mask for good measure! I tried it on the other day (not to sleep in but I felt adventurous so I started walking around the house wearing it) and it was very comfortable so I think I may use it whenever I fancy a nap in the day!
Altogether I am soo pleased with my box and for the price I paid I am glad I signed up! If all these samples we're bought separately the total cost would have come to £35.57! So this was an absolute bargain and I am really looking forward to February's box! Thanks for reading and please visit my YouTube page Darkeowl. Darkeowl's YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment