Thursday 31 January 2013

January New Buys!

So, because I don't buy things enough to do a haul, I thought I'd make a post about all the things (beauty related and things I think are awesome, haha!) that I've bought in the month of January. I'm hoping I can make a few more of these posts in the future, so lets get started!

The first thing, isn't beauty related but I LOVE it soo much I just had to include it! It's my True Blood calendar for 2013! I love the books and I'm currently on the 5th one in the collection (I have a lot to catch up on as there are now 13!) I also love the programme however I need to catch up on that as well because I haven't even started the 3rd season yet! But I love this calendar at it was well worth the money!









The next thing I bought is this GORGEOUS top from H&M (£6.59) and I love putting this on top of a black or grey vest (as on its own, it comes a bit too low!). It looks great with black skinnies and I'm thinking of wearing this in an outfit of the day video I'm going to put on YouTube. I'm planning on putting this video up on the 2nd of Feb! So please check out my channel at Darkeowl's YouTube Channel!






On to the beauty products now! And the first 2 products are the E.L.F cosmetics' matte lip colours. I bought one in the shade natural and one in the shade coral. I love these products and I'm so happy I bought them (even though the packaging on my coral one is slightly broken... and that colour just makes me look like I have had some sort of sauce that has stained my lips orange!) I love wearing the natural one on my lips to school and lots of people have commented on how good it looks! I love the consistency and I think it lasts great on my lips!
The next product is another lip product from E.L.F and it's their lipstick in the shade 'captivating'. This is another colour that, on me, looks like I've just been eating tomato pasta! However if it looked better on my lips I would like it, as the consistency is quite glossy (the colour is quite sheer but still noticeable). It also has a nice taste so I won't say I don't like this colour just because it doesn't look right on me!
 
A hair product next! I bought 'Charles Worthington Frizz Free Salon Finish Ultimate Serum' because I was sick of my hair going frizzy once I'd styled it. I just put this through my hair when I've finished styling it and it helps so much. I also use it before I blow dry my hair and it makes it feel so smooth! I literally cannot stop running my fingers through my hair when I've put this serum in it! A little bit of this product goes a very long way and I'm thankful for this because it's not expensive, but it's not exactly dirt cheap either! All in all, I love this product and I'm so glad I bought it!



I don't use concealer very often but I wanted to try some to see if it would brighten my under eyes up. The ones I bought are MUA's pro-base conceal and brighten in the shade porcelain and E.L.F's tone correcting concealer. Out of these products I prefer the MUA one! It's creamy and has 3 shades to cover different parts/tones of skin. I was actually quite disappointed with the E.L.F one as it didn't seem to conceal ANYTHING! When I put it on my skin it looked as if it would give good coverage, however once I had blended it out, it was basically transparent! The only effect I saw was that it had given my skin a shine, which if you have oily skin anyway, you don't really want! I enjoy the MUA concealer however I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy the E.L.F one in a hurry... (In the picture, on the left is the MUA and how it looks on the skin- I know it's not the best photo but it has quite good coverage- and on the right is the E.L.F- there is a picture before it's blended and above it is how it looks once blended, it didn't even cover my faint mole!)

I love my L'oreal Matte Morphose foundation so I wanted to get another whipped foundation. The one I got was Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation in the shade Ivory. This was on offer in Asda for £5 as well as a lot of other Maybelline products. I haven't had a chance to try this out yet because I haven't finished my other one. I'm hoping I will like it as much as my L'oreal one!






The next two products I bought for only 99p each! The first one is Rimmel eyeshadow trio with some great colours in! Again, I haven't had a chance to try them but I swatched them on my hand and the colours were ok. They weren't super-pigmented but they weren't bad either!








The other product was a beautiful, deep red lipstick by Sally Hansen in the shade Garnet.  I tried it once and the colour was great! It was glossy but still very vibrant!









Another MUA product I bought was their eyeshadow palette in Undressed. It contains both matte and shimmer eyeshadows and the colours are very neutral and natural. I love the colours and the pigmentation of the shadows. They blend easily, give a great colour and last for quite a long time! Another plus is there is a look using the shades and how to do it on the back of the palette!



The last product (hooray!) is an eye brush from E.L.F. It's their eye defining brush and I quite like it. It picks up a lot of product and makes it easy to apply and blend! A great recovery from their concealer!








So those were all the products I bought in January (sorry it was so long!) and I hope the products I gave reviews on helped you decide whether to buy them or not. Please don't forget to check out my YouTube channel (Darkeowl) where I do tutorials and other beauty related videos! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment