Friday 26 April 2013

Glossybox April 2013

I wasn't going to order another Glossybox for a while as I am running low on money. However, when I saw this months 'Star Product' which was Essie I HAD to buy it! I thought for only £2 more to get 4 extra products other than the Essie I couldn't go wrong. This months box was also a special edition box as all the products inside were picked by Pearl Lowe. I'm glad I bought it, but I'm not as happy as I thought I would be...






The first product I'm going to talk about is the Essie. It was a full size bottle which comes in at £7.99. I'm going to be really honest and say I'm deadly dissapointed by the colour I got sent. Out of all the colours available and considering I only have 3, it was very improbable that I was going to get a colour either exactly the same or one similar to one I already have. It happened. They sent me the shade 'Sugar Daddy' (which I could have gotten off Cosmetics by Candy for only £2.99!). This colour is in between the colours 'Ballet Slippers' and 'A Crewed Interest' and the formula and opacity is like 'Ballet Slippers'... WHICH I HATED!!! (See my review on it here) It's very sheer and with one coat looks like I am only wearing a top coat, there is literally no colour to it. (You can see from the picture that it's sheer as you can see through the bottle) It also chips very easily too, after only one day it had started peeling away from my nail. I was really dissapointed by this colour but I think it would be a good manicure colour. Unfortunately I don't do manicures very well so I probably will keep this until I really need this shade. And just for the record I am not saying Essie are a bad brand, I love the other colours I have of theirs and they have a great formula but I think it's just the sheer ones that have a bad formula. Cost- £7.99 | Total cost of box- £7.99

The next product is another full-sized makeup product from a well known brand. It's a blush from Sleek. There were a few possible colours but the one I got sent was 'Flamingo' which is a very bright hot pink. I think this colour will look good as long as it's applied very sparingly! It's a super hot colour and I think it's actually very pretty. The texture felt good and the pigmentation was just about right considering the colour. I think I will use this in the future but it's unlikely for an everyday, general blush.
Cost- £4.49 | Total cost of box- £12.48

In the box there was also something that I actually did need! A body butter or moisturiser of some sort! It was a body butter by a brand I'd never heard of before- Nip +Fab. Again there were a few possible scents for this product and I got one that I think is actually the best out of them all as I got the 'Coconut Latte' one which smells absolutely divine! It really moisturises my skin and keeps it moisturised for a long time. The scent also clings to your skin for ages and I look like a right idiot when I'm walking around sniffing my arm! It just smells so damn good! I'm so happy Glossybox included this product but I don't think I will buy it again in the future as I think it's slightly too expensive. Sample cost- £2.49 | Total cost of box- £14.97


I think Glossybox has an obsession with lip balms as all 3 of the ones I have bought have included them! This one is by a foreign brand called A-Derma (I think its foreign anyway!). Going from the magazine in the box (as all the things in the lip balm box are in a different language, and you know a lip balm means business when it comes in a box!!) it says that all of the products are natural and contains Rhealba Out Milk which is known for softening and protecting. I will say however that the twice I've used this product it has really made my lips soft and they feel really good and moisturised. The only problem I found was that the product was really hard to squeeze out of the little hole at the top. The texture of the product before applying also seems really greasy, however this goes once it's applied to the lips and sinks in really quickly. Cost- £7.95 | Total cost of box- £22.92

The last product I recieved was a perfume by Yves Rocher. This one is their 'So Elixer' eau de parfum and it smells absolutely amazing. It's a very floral, feminine scent that I think would be great for an evening. The magazine says that it 'boasts a unique infusion of Tuberose, Vetiver and Patchouli culminating in a floral-woody elixir. I don' know what ANY of those things are but at least I was right with the floral scent, haha! But this is a beautiful, sophisticated scent and I would most likely buy this in the future! Sample cost- £4.40 | Total cost of box- £27.32

To be honest I like all the products in the box and I'm glad I bought it, it's a great bargain and a great way to try things out that you probably otherwise wouldn't have bought. For the amount you save it is definately worth it but once again I've cancelled my subscription as I can't afford it. I will probably set it up again once I have saved some money but for now I won't be ordering anymore. To say that you only pay £10 (plus P+P) and this months box- if the products were bought individually and as their samples- would have cost nearly 3 times the amount you actually pay you save a massive amount! Please visit my YouTube page Darkeowl. Darkeowl's YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment