Friday 10 January 2014

Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Cream Review!

The other day I was browsing in Superdrug and came across a product that I'd forgotten I wanted. It was the Collection 2000 Cream Puff lip cream in the shade 'Cotton Candy'. Well I couldn't risk forgetting about it again so I snatched it up (that's the excuse I'm using anyway!) and I'll sum it up by saying, I'm in love with it! There's also a quick review at the bottom for people that just want an opinion!










Firstly I'm going to talk about the pigmentation and the application. It's amazing! I've swatched a picture of it on my hand (as you can see!) an that was just one stroke of the applicator! It has so much colour and the application was so easy! On the lips it feels really creamy and the colour shows up really nicely. Once it's dried and settled it has a velvety finish which feels amazing!





Next topic is colour and scent! This lip cream has a beautiful dusty dark pink colour to it that looks so beautiful yet natural on the lips! It's called 'Cotton Candy' and it's perfect for everyday wear and I think is a great colour for winter and spring! It's noticeable on the lips but is suitable and subtle enough for work or school. It smells amazing too! It has a kind of sweet, marshmallow scent that lasts for a little while but not all day which is nice.
     Last thing I want to talk about is its duration on the lips. For me this lasted a long while and I only had to reapply once throughout the entire day (about 8 hours) and that was only because I was eating. This product lasts for such a long time without losing colour or making your lips dry which is a must have for me as I always forget to reapply during the day and usually end up with patchy coloured lips! It doesn't stay on while eating though, but that's to be expected and is fine by me!

     Just applied (still not dry)                10 minutes in (completely dry)                  1 hour in (settled)

All in all I love this product and I will probably venture out to by some more colours and will most likely repurchase this in the future, and for £2.99 why the hell not! I'm so glad I picked it up and I think it's going to be a great everyday lip essential for me! Nice work, Collection!
Pigmentation + Application: Very pigmented, quick and easy application.
Colour + Scent: Beautiful dusty pink colour, great for everyday wear and smells sweet but not too overpowering or sickly.
Duration: Very long lasting with no bleeding or patching. Very moisturising and only has to be reapplied after eating.
1 sentence review: A great everyday lip product with long lasting pretty colour that's affordable but very good quality! 
Price: £2.99 (Superdrug)

No comments:

Post a Comment