Saturday 11 January 2014

How to make: Scrummy Golden Syrup Flapjacks!

I've been really getting into my baking recently and I thought it would be a good idea to put some of the recipes on here! Today I made some really moist and sweet flapjacks so click below if you would like to know how to make them!

You will need:
200g porridge oats (I believe the brand Scotts
porridge oats are best)
100g soft butter
100g brown sugar
6 table spoons of golden syrup (I added around this much and they were very moist and soft)
A mixing bowl (I used a round, sturdy plastic tub)
Scales
A jug (or something to weigh your ingredients in)
A baking tin (I used a small round one)
A table spoon
And a wooden spoon


I started out by measuring out my oats, sugar and butter and adding them all together in the mixing bowl.

Once I'd done that I added in the syrup in stages to make sure there wasn't too much. In the end I used about 6 table spoons of syrup and this gave it a very gooey and moist consistency when cooked! Stir  all the ingredients together until it's thoroughly mixed in and the butter had melted a little bit. The oats should stick to each other and there should be no dry oats but the mixture should stick to the bowl.

Once it's all mixed, spoon it into the baking tray and flatten the mixture all around the tray. I added it bit by bit to make sure the entire tin was covered and that the mixture was flat around the tray. I turned the oven on at 180°c just before I started this step so it preheated slightly. 

Once the mixture was even I put the tin in the oven and set my timer for 25 minutes.
 
 I checked on the flapjacks every now and again to make sure they weren't burning and took them out when they were a lovely golden colour. I made sure they weren't too soggy and then I cut them into pieces as it would be easier than when they were cool.

 When they were cool I slowly took them out of the tin to make sure they didn't break and put them into an airtight tub. I then ate one to make sure I didn't poison anyone and to make sure they were good enough to eat... (definitely NOT an excuse just to eat one! ;D )

 Once in the tub they should last about a week, I doubt they'll be around that long though because they taste AMAZING!
 
And that's it! That's all it takes to make these really tasty flapjacks! I'm really starting to get into baking and I think I'll be doing more in the future! Thanks for reading and I would love it if you could support me by following my blog if you enjoyed this! Please let me know if you try this recipe and let me know how they turn out! Visit my YouTube channel too! Darkeowl's YouTube Channel.

1 comment: