Sunday 29 June 2014

Eyeko Skinny Liner Review

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

So, like everyone, I love freebies (don't lie... you do too!), and recently I've been looking for a new liquid liner. As luck would have it this month's Glamour magazine had a free Eyeko felt tip liner with it so I had to grab it! I actually had just bought a new liner pen from Rimmel (review coming soon!) but you can never have too many eyeliners and it's always good to have a backup! I hadn't done any research into whether this was a good product or not, but for £2 with a magazine who can complain! So, if you want to see my first impressions and thoughts on this product then just keep on reading!


First things first, let me just say how beautiful the packaging is! It's sleek and professional and it's just nice to touch. It definitely has the packaging of a high end product. The tip is a nice size and allows you to create both thick and thin lines depending on what you want. It's also very sturdy so can be controlled easily when you're applying it.

Application
I decided to do a simple eye look to try this out and to be honest, I have mixed emotions about it. On the first eye, it applied smoothly and easily- I used small strokes and slowly built up the line as usual. The product was consistent and there were no blobs of colour anywhere. However towards the end of the first eye I was having to apply more pressure and reapply to the same areas to get the same opacity. One of the problems that seems to come up with many felt tip liners is that they dry out while you're using them- this is one of those liners! I struggled so much to get the same opacity and thickness on the second eye and even when applied onto on my hand with a little more pressure the product was still struggling. This is the only problem with this product but it is quite a big problem (I mean, I may have gotten a duff one from the mag but I know that a lot of felt tips have this problem...) and I think there are better felt tip liners that are also cheaper (if you were to buy this product at full price- which I believe is £12 ). 


(Left picture) I used the liner on this eye first and as you can tell it creates a smooth even line- this can be built up because the line is so thin! (Using very tip of the pen).
(Right picture) This eye was second and the colour just really isn't there. Because I had to keep applying it to the same area the line ended up thicker and messier and therefore looks uneven to the other eye. Even though it's thicker the colour isn't there so it doesn't give the same impact as the other eye and this is a major problem that this liner has.

Wear + Tear throughout the day!
Durability is one thing this product has! It seriously didn't budge all day and I actually went on a bike ride so ended up being all sweaty and whatnot (sorry... I know that's gross but you get the idea now!). I decided to see how my makeup was doing once I got back home and it turns out it looked exactly the same as when I'd left. This product really does last on the eyes, my eyes are quite hooded but there is no transfer to the lid and that is one of the reasons I'm going to carry on using it!

Not budged! (haha, look at my eyebrow being all windswept... XD)
Overall thoughts
I like this product for the way it stays on the lid but it can be a real pain to apply once the tip has dried out slightly. The only thing I can think to do in this situation is to wait until the tip has absorbed a bit more product before starting on the other eye. I don't think I would repurchase this product as I have found others that work better and are cheaper but I'm still glad I picked it up!
If you liked this please check out my other posts and visit my YouTube channel! Darkeowl's YouTube Channel.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog :) Love your blog! Do visit me again!

    www.mimikaayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank you for checking mine out, I really love yours! :D x

      Delete