Monday 28 July 2014

Mary Kay Love Lash Mascara Review

I received this mascara in the July Glossybox (my post on it here) and long story short, I'm really happy with it! Carry on reading to see the details!


I think the packaging to this is really elegant and pretty, the box it comes in has pastel pink writing and details with a charcoal background and the tube itself is just plain black with silver writing. Makes it look good, high quality without going all-out-fancy-pants!


Application
This product is easy to apply and separates the lashes well while still giving some good volume. The brush is small enough to get right to the root of the lashes and is able to get the ones in the corners so it really opens up the eyes- full marks for the brush!
One coat on the left, natural lashes on the right.
I tend to only apply one coat of mascara but I feel that with this mascara a second coat really makes a difference! The second coat separates the lashes even more, adds more length and volume and really does just make the eyes much wider and more defined.

Two coats left, 1 coat right
2 Coats

Wear + Tear throughout the day
This mascara was great throughout the day, no smudging or smearing down my face making me look like some freaky murderous dude! It was very hot too so this means that it's pretty sweat resistant (eww...). It held the natural curl very well and the colour and volume stayed all day. It didn't clump or flake throughout the day either so I'm really happy with the wear of this!

Overall thoughts
Overall I really love this mascara, it gives great definition and it lengthens the lashes! It gives a really pretty, fluttery look and I think this is a mascara for everyday! The formula is great and even if you only apply 1 coat it still gives a defined look. I'm a bit torn on whether I would repurchase this, because even though I love it, I do think there are mascaras that I've used before that give pretty much the same effects but are slightly cheaper. However this isn't the most expensive mascara (£16) and I do think it is great so I will have to see how I feel about it towards the end of the tube!
Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave a comment and I should have another post up soon! Byee! x





No comments:

Post a Comment