Sunday 18 January 2015

W7 In the Buff- Naked2 DUPE!

For months I have been debating whether or not to buy one of Urban Decay's Naked palettes. The reviews I've seen rave about them and when I've swatched them in the stores I've been amazed by the quality. The one thing putting me off buying one is the price, but luckily when I found this baby I didn't have to worry anymore...





As I've said, the price was the one thing putting me off buying one of the Naked palettes and I know you get what you pay for (most of the time...) but I still felt that it was a lot to pay and I couldn't bring myself to buy one! So one day I was looking through an Argos catalogue, you know, as it's one of my many hobbies, and I stumbled across some palettes from W7 that looked fairly similar to the Naked palettes. I did a little bit of research and it turned out they were full dupes for it! I can not tell you how I happy I was! There was a choice between 'In the Buff' which was a dupe for the Naked2 palette or 'In the Nude' which was a dupe for the Naked3 palette. I decided to go for In the Buff as I preferred the colours.

I'm actually incredibly impressed with the quality of these shadows and from what I can see the colours are pretty close to that of Urban Decay. The shadows have names too and I think this is a great feature because in a way it shows that they've really put the effort in with this product. The packaging is brilliant too- it comes in a neat tin that has a definitive click when it shuts, it doesn't look or feel flimsy or cheap at all!


Here are the swatches from the palette, these swatches were done without any primer and they feel really smooth to apply, they don't feel chalky at all!


Quick Review:
  • Great price (around £5)
  • Great quality- not chalky
  • Well pigmented
  • Very closely matched to Naked2 palette
  • Sturdy packaging

All in all I really love this palette and I think it is a great dupe for the Naked2. I would definitely recommend this palette for people who aren't willing to spend too much! As I said, I bought this palette from Argos but I have found plenty of sites that sell it for a similar price and some sell it for even cheaper so there shouldn't be any problem finding it! I think this is a great product for everyday makeup looks and you could even create some very elegant party looks with this! If you have any questions please feel free to comment as I love reading them and always reply! Thank you you for reading and I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to have a look at my other posts and if you like what you see, follow me! Once again thank you and I'll speak to you in my next post. Byee! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment