Friday 9 January 2015

Empties #1: Starting afresh!

I'm not one for keeping rubbish (lets face it, who is) but I recently finished a lot of products at the same time and thought it would be a good time to do an empties post! It's a new year and I think this is another reason it is a great time for an empties post as it is almost a way of starting again! One of the big things I would like to do this year is upload more posts to on a more regular basis; they may not always be completely beauty related but it just brings more routine and writing these posts actually relaxes me in a way. Anyway, lets get into the post and what products I have (finally) finished and whether I would repurchase them or not!

The first products I'm going to talk about are these shower gels from The Body Shop. One is there Strawberry one and the other there Satsuma one. I absolutely love these shower gels and I think they smell great, make my skin feel great and foam up well! Whereas other shower gels' scents wear off pretty much as soon as you come out of the shower, these seem to last all day! The fragrance isn't overpowering either and does actually smell like fruit! I feel squeaky clean when using these and I'm already powering through another bottle. These are the first products I've fully used up from The Body Shop and I'm pretty sure I will be repurchasing these in the future and may even buy the larger sized ones because I really can't fault them!


Keeping with the bath and shower products the next product I used up recently is this Cream Bath from Classic Femme. I received this as a gift in a set from my beloved aunt who sadly passed away and it actually made me sad to finish it! I know it sounds stupid but when I finished this I felt like another part of her had faded away with it. But lets not dwell and lets think of the good times! The Cream Bath itself smelled absolutely beautiful, it was a very sophisticated fragrance that I think was slightly musky but not too overpowering. The bubbles it created were amazing and you only needed a little bit to produce quite a few bubbles. I loved this set but I'm unsure whether I would repurchase it as I'm not one for buying bath sets. If it was sold individually I think I probably would end up repurchasing it at some point!

I don't usually like mixing and matching my shampoo and conditioner- I usually like to use the same brand for both and it sort of annoys me when I finish one and not the other. But recently I've gotten through 1 bottle of shampoo and 2 conditioners... all by a different brand! I've been looking for a shampoo that will help control my incredibly frizzy hair and I wanted to try one that contained Argan Oil. Most of the ones I found were actually quite expensive and I wasn't willing to spend a lot of money on something that may not work. I found this one for 99p and I decided to give it a try! When using this I think it tamed the frizz quite a bit and I was actually quite happy with it. Again, the smell was really nice and lasted a considerable amount of time but I prefer my shampoo to foam up quite a bit and it didn't really happen with this one. It did clean my hair however which is one of the main points and my hair did feel soft after using it. I don't think I would repurchase this though as I think there are other brands that I have tried that I prefer, but I definitely don't regret buying it and would use it again if needs be.

One of the conditioners I used was actually a hair mask. It directed you to use it once a week and leave on for 15 minutes with a warm, damp towel over the top, but who has time for that! I did use this once a week but I just applied it at the start of my shower without a towel and carried on with my other business while it was working! It had quite a thick consistency and it really felt like it was doing something good to my hair. When I came to wash it off, my hair felt incredibly soft and smooth without tangles and I think it did prevent frizz. This was a really good product to use but I wasn't too keen on the scent and I think this is the only thing that puts me off repurchasing it. It was quite a floral scent which isn't my favourite but I think it is a great product to try if you're looking for something to de-frizz your hair and you don't mind the fragrance!


The other conditioner I  finished up was from Andrew Barton and came in another set that my aunt bought me. As it was part of a set it was only a small bottle but it did actually last longer than I was expecting. It's specifically for frizzy hair and claims to de-frizz and straighten hair. As it was such a small bottle I'm unsure if I got a realistic impression but from what I experienced it did de-frizz a little but not dramatically. It had a very powerful ginger scent that I'm unsure whether I liked or not. I don't think I will repurchase this but again, I don't regret using it and if I received another set I'd happily use it.



If you follow me on Instagram (@darkeowl *hint hint* (; ) you'll know that I love nail polish and one thing that is essential for a nail polish junkie like me is nail polish remover! There's not much that can be said about this product to be honest, it did its job and removed nail polish quite quickly without making my nails dry and brittle. It was affordable too and I think I will repurchase it as it doesn't cost much and lasts a long time! I may try some other removers first though to see if there are any I prefer but if not I know I can trust this!




I absolutely love Simple products and they're one of the only brands I use on my face now as I have very sensitive and dry skin, and I've found nothing else that compares to them. They're affordable and also do a great job at protecting my skin. I have finished a bottle of their Soothing Facial Toner and can honestly say that I really liked it! This was actually the first toner I used and I really didn't think it would make as much of a difference to my skin as it did. When I first started using it I was shocked by the amount of dirt and oil left on my face even after washing it- this helped so much and my skin has been a lot clearer since using a toner! Simple don't use any fragrances in their products so there isn't a scent to this, it's lasted for a very long time which I'm happy about and I will most likely repurchase this; at the moment I'm trying out some other brands (l'oreal) but I think I still prefer the Simple one and I may see what other toners they have to offer!

The second Simple product I've gotten through is their Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I received this in a small set from a family member and this was where I found my love for Simple products. This is a great moisturiser for everyday as it is very light and absorbs quickly. This product does what it says on the tin and really hydrates my skin, after using my exfoliating face wash my skin often feels dry but when I apply this it feels silky soft and full of moisture. I've already repurchased another Simple moisturiser and I would definitely recommend trying their products if you have sensitive skin!

The last Simple product I've finished is their Clear Skin Oil Balancing Exfoliating Wash and this has helped to clear up my skin. The beads aren't too harsh on my skin but I still feel as though they're cleaning my skin and getting rid of all the dry skin, so I'm really happy with that! I did find that towards the end of the bottle the beads had pretty much disappeared and while this was a bit of a pain I think the face wash itself still did a good job of cleansing my skin- all I recommend is to shake it up every now and again to mix the beads back in to the rest of the product. I actually have a post comparing this face wash with another one of Simple's so if you want any more details on this then check that post out here! Again, I would repurchase in the future but I am experimenting with other face washes at the moment as I do like to try different products!

We're on the penultimate product now so just hold on to the end! Another face wash I've gobbled up is the Elemis Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash. I received this in a Glossybox (link to that post here) and it was just a small sample size. The beads in this were quite a bit more abrasive and I had to be quite gentle when using it but if your skin isn't as sensitive as mine then I don't think this would be a problem. It has a lovely fruity, citrus scent and I do feel as though it cleansed my skin well. It removed dry skin easily and my skin felt soft after using it. Even though it was only a small bottle it lasted quite a while! I don't think I would repurchase this however as it is quite expensive and I don't think it is right for my skin type.



The last product, yaay! The cucumber facial wipes from Spa are a life saver for me as I can use them for so many different things! I can use them to cleanse my face when I'm too lazy to wash it (I know, I know, shame on me...), they remove eye make up super easily and I can also use them to remove makeup from my hands/arms when I swatch things! They're super affordable and I will definitely be stocking up on some more as they're so useful.






So that's everything! There was a lot more than I thought when I initially looked and thinking about it I could have probably split it into 2 posts or shortened the details of everything, but hey-ho! Too late now! I'm looking forward to trying lots of new products this year and I will hopefully be posting a lot more frequently. I already have ideas for new posts and I have some products that I need to write about! So thank you for reading and I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to have a look at my other posts and if you like what you see, follow me! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment as I love reading them and always reply! Once again, thanks for reading, byee! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment