Thursday 21 August 2014

Glossybox August 2014

It's the time of the month where I show you what came in this months Glossybox! I didn't actually plan on buying this months Glosybox as I cancelled my subscription after I received my July box but I then realised that it said my ending month was the August one. To me that just meant an extra month of surprises so I wasn't upset! To be honest though, I have mixed feelings about this box, carry on reading to find out why...



In this months box you got an extra product to enjoy because it's their 3rd birthday... Happy Birthday Glossybox! :D So overall there were 6 products in the box and to be honest I am happy with a fair few of the products.

An overview of the products

So the first product I received was a hand cream from Figs & Rouge. I'm actually really glad I got this product as I have started using hand cream a lot more in the past couple of months and I'm always excited to try new ones! This one has a Mango and Mandarin scent which I absolutely LOVE! It also has Shea Butter in it and overall I think this actually smells like Terry's Chocolate Orange. The consistency is great, I feel it really moisturises my hands and it also absorbs quickly without leaving my hands greasy. I have received a product from F&R in a previous Glossybox and I liked that too so I may actually check out some of their other products.
Sample Cost- £1.74 | Total Cost of Box- £1.74


The second product I received was this cute little polish from Yves Rocher. This was actually Glossybox's 'Birthday Bonus' and I think it was a great choice! You may or may not know this but I am a massive nail polish fan and I love trying out new colours and different brands. The colour I received was 'Rose' and it's a beautiful, slightly dusty pink colour and I think it is a great, wearable, everyday colour. I haven't tried it out yet but I am excited to because I think this would look great on my skin tone. At first I thought the size may be a bit small but then I realised how long it actually takes to get through a nail polish if colours are being switched regularly and I believe it could be the best size to be able to use all of it.
Cost- £3.60 (full size) | Total Cost of Box- £5.34


Now the next 'product' is one of the ones I'm a bit indecisive about. It's the perfume sample from Lalique called L'amour. In my eyes I don't think perfume samples of this size can be seen as products- they're just not! I understand that the full size of this perfume is £67 for 50ml (which is EXTORTIONATE no matter HOW nice it is!!) but I still don't think that this can class as a product as most perfumes have samples available for free in shops... I also have mixed emotions on the fragrance. When I first smelled it (and accidentally shoved it up my nose...) I thought it was an absolutely beautiful, floral fragrance that could be worn by many different age groups. It was a great summer scent and I couldn't stop smelling it. So I decided to put some on the next day to go out in. That's when my opinion changed. I put it on and it initially smelled like pure alcohol and I just thought 'the floral scent will come back when dry'... that never happened; throughout the whole day I could just smell this strong pungent alcohol smell that you get from cheap perfumes and it actually started making me feel sick. So I really don't know how to feel about this, I may try it again in a few days and see if it changes but overall I don't think this is a product I will be purchasing in the future as I have smelled better perfumes that aren't anywhere near as expensive... Sample Cost- £2.68 | Total Cost of Box- £8.02

I've seen lots of people use Essence products and I recently found them in a shop near me too. So I was quite happy when I received a lipstick from them in my box. I got the shade 'Natural Beauty' and that's exactly what this colour is! It's a beautiful rose colour that would look great as part of a natural look. It applies really smoothly and has a really pretty sheen to it. It is slightly sheer but there is still quite a bit of colour there. My lips are quite dark naturally however and it doesn't show up that well but it does work to add just a slight tint and sheen so I am definitely not disappointed. I think this has actually persuaded me to try some more Essence products as I've seen many people use them and I do really like this product! Cost- £2.29 (full size) | Total Cost of Box- £10.31


One of the other products I got was this Kryolan Highlighter for Glossybox. I've only heard a few things about Kryolan but I think they are pretty good. This was the shade 'Cashmere' and I think it's a great natural colour and will work great for my skin tone. This highlighter adds a beautiful, subtle shimmer and sheen to your face and really does its job well. It is very creamy and a little does go a long way but that's a good thing as it means you get more product for your money! I'm happy with product- I use highlighter occasionally- and I may have a look at other Kryolan products. Cost- £12.95 (full size) | Total Cost of Box- £23.26



The last product I received was this hair Elasticizer from Philip Kingsley. I have actually never heard of such a product and I'm not too convinced that I'll use it. It claims to 'add elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine' but for the amount of time it adds to an everyday routine I just don't know if I can be bothered to use it. It adds around 20 mins extra to a normal routing and it seems a hassle for something that can be solved easily with special shampoo. BUT I will give it a try just to see if it can win me over as I do have very unruly hair! Sample Cost- £6.08 | Total Cost of Box- £29.34





Overall I'm content with this box. I have received better boxes but there are products that I will use so I can't complain too much! I will be subscribing to Glossybox again in the future but for now I think I will have to wait until I see something I really want in the box.
Thanks for reading, please leave a comment- I love reading them and always reply- and feel free to follow me as I try to upload posts regularly! Once again, thank you, byee! x

No comments:

Post a Comment