Saturday 8 June 2013

May New Buys

I cannot believe we're already in June! The month of May flew by and the speed has actually scared me! I'll be leaving school soon and if I'm completely honest I don't want to grow up! I've nearly finished all my exams and I'm practically on study leave (even though I still have to go in for 2 hours! Pointless...). This is also the reason I haven't put many posts up either; so I'm sorry about that! So lets get into it! Again the majority of this post is going to be nail polish as my obsession with it continues!


I was so excited to get this post up as I bought my first ever China Glaze polish this month and I really wanted to share it with you! It's their beautiful glittery red 'Ruby Pumps' and I absolutely LOVE this colour. My best friend (Leah- her blog's link and her YouTube link) also has this polish and she's the reason I wanted it so badly. It is more of a Christmassy colour but nevertheless I still went ahead and bought it! I applied it to one of my nails and the application is so smooth and the colour shows up so well! I bought this for only £5.50 from Nail Polish Direct and I will definitely be buying more polishes from their website and China Glaze! (I'm planning to get 'Water You Waiting For' and 'Evening Seduction'.)



My nails have been quite weak recently and keep breaking so I've been trying to strengthen them up and I decided to buy a strengthener to help them along! I decided to get Collection's Nail Strengthener and Hardener as I like their products and they're affordable too! This is the first time I've used a strengthener though so I'm not sure how quickly the results should show. However I have noticed that since I've been applying this polish my nails have toughened up and they don't break as easily as they used to so I'm hoping that it's doing it's job!




I also bought another Collection polish as all cosmetics were on 3 for 2 at Superdrug and I thought why not! I don't usually use a base coat and I was thinking maybe this is one of the reasons my nails keep cracking! So I bought Collection's 2 in 1 Base Coat and Ridge Filler. I've used this once and I'm actually really pleased with it. It has helped my polish to stay on for nearly a whole week with barely any chipping! I'm so pleased with it and I think it's going to become an essential in my polish collection! Both of the collection polishes were £2.99.




As I said all cosmetics were 3 for 2 at Superdrug and the last ting I bought was a Barry M glitter nail polish. This is their 'Diamond Glitter' and it's a really pretty, chunky glitter. I bought this so I could do a glitter gradient but I haven't had chance to use it yet! If the gradient goes ok I will put up a tutorial on my YouTube channel so keep your eyes peeled for that!








For quite a while now I've been debating whether to get a matte top coat and I was very close to making my own. But then I came across this baby by accident! It's the Rimmel Lycra Pro Matte top coat and I got it for only 99p! I saw this in Asda and couldn't bring myself to buy it but I decided to go into the 99p store and it happened to be there! I was soo happy! Again I haven't had time to try this out properly yet but I did do a quick application on my thumb and it did work! I didn't like the texture however but hopefully I'll get over that!




The last 3 nail polishes I've bought are by a brand I always seem to talk about... Technic! I bought their glitter 'Mermaid' which is an absolutely beautiful blue, turquoise and green glitter! I think it's so lovely and I cannot wait to use it!








I also bought 'Calypso' because I didn't have a bright orange and I really wanted to do a kind of sunset gradient. Hopefully this will make the gradient smoother and to be honest I don't think I'd ever wear this colour on it's own but wearing it with designs should be fine!








The last Technic polish I bought was 'Stardust' which is a lovely silver glitter in a clear base! I bought this because I realised once i'd bought my Barry M polish that I didn't have a medium sized glitter that I could use for my glitter gradient but I know this colour will come in for more than just this! As always, I bought these polishes from Bodycare and they were only 99p each!




This is the last thing I bought in the month of May and I'm super proud of it! During the school half term I decided it would be a good idea to get a nail polish rack as I have nowhere to store my nail polish appropriately. But I looked at the prices and they were all stupidly expensive to hold only a few bottles... so I decided to make one... It only cost me £15 to make and only took about 2 days to make and it holds around 120 bottles of nail polish. I bought all of the materials from Wickes and my dad helped me put it together. I first put the frame together first and secured the shelves with both wood glue and screws. Then I left it for a day for the glue to dry and glued the back on the next day. I also secured the back with pins and screwed it to the wall. Some of it was quite stressful and I had to make a few difficult decisions on the dimensions of the rack. I also added a pattern to the top using a jigsaw to make the shelf less plain! It now hangs proudly on my wall with all of my nail polishes on display!

As I said in the first paragraph I bought a lot of polish and I think I need to stop soon as I am spending quite a lot of money on it! I'm planning to upload more videos to my YouTube channel including some nail art designs! Thanks for reading and please check out my channel! Darkeowl's YouTube Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment