Thursday 27 June 2013

My 'prom nails' tutorial!



It's my prom tomorrow (which I'm SUPER excited about!) and I'm doing all of my beauty related things myself! I'm doing my nails, hair and make-up myself and I hope they all go well! For my nails I decided to go for a colour that matched my dress, but I still wanted a kind of manicure. So I added a black tip and bingo! Just what I wanted! Keep on reading to find out how I created these; they're super easy and can be altered to match any dress!











So I started out by applying a base coat so my design lasted longer and to make sure the polish didn't stain my nails. (I heard the colour I used stains really bad!) I used my Collection 2 in 1 Nail Strengthener and Hardener as my nails chip really easily and I wanted to make sure they lasted.
After I waited for the base to dry, I applied 2 coats of Sinful Colors' 'Kissy' as this colour matches my dress so well! I applied the first coat, waited for that to dry and then applied the second. For me, 1 coat was too sheer but it may be nice for a more subtle nail. I wanted mine bold however and this polish only took 2 coats to become completely opaque! I absolutely love it!
Again I waited for that layer of polish to dry before starting the next stage. using Barry M's 'Black' carefully painted on a tip just by putting the brush to my nail and slowly rotating my nail. I then switched the angle I was holding the brush at to make the other side even. After that, I slowly just dabbed on polish to help neaten up the tip and make sure it was straight! 
 
When I made sure all my tips were neat and roughly the same width I waited for them to dry and then added a top coat to make sure my design lasted even longer and to smooth out the nail! I used a cheap branded polish that I've had for ages and I'm not sure what it is.









Once I'd applied my top coat it was time to clean up any messy edges! I dipped a cotton bud into some polish remover and carefully rubbed away all the polish that had gotten onto my skin. I took it down the side of my nail just to remove it from the sides.






And that's it! My prom nails are finished and I'm really happy with the results! I can't wait to wear them with my dress and actually attend prom! I'm so excited but worried at the same time just in case I slip over or something! I will put a post or video up soon with pictures from the prom and pictures of my make-up, hair and nails together to give people some inspiration! I hope this tutorial was easy and if anyone tries this please leave me a comment telling me how it went! Thanks for reading and be sure to check out my YouTube channel. Darkeowl's YouTube Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment