Wednesday 11 March 2015

NOTW 17: Mothers Day Nails

It's Mothering Sunday this week. A day when we spoil our moms with gifts and nice gestures! I thought it  would be a good idea to do a nail design for this special day by doing something that reminds me of all things motherly! I decided to use delicate pinks and do a few different patterns and I'm really pleased with how they turned out!






I used Sinful Colors Soul Mate as the base colour for my ring finger and the stripes in the other nails. I used another Sinful Colors polish for the heart and the rose design (well, what's SUPPOSED to be a rose design...), called Dancing Nails. The colour I used as a base for my middle finger and the main colour on the striped nails was an unnamed colour from the brand Lumiere but I have found that this brands polishes are actually quite good for their price. I think all of the colours really work well together and I think the roses on the ring finger are very subtle and just catch the light in the right way, It turned out really well and I might try this colour combination in another design.
To me, this is a great idea for Mothers Day as it isn't an in your face design that is obviously related to the day, but it can still be asssociated with the day! I believe that these designs could work as just a general spring/summer manicure too, either separately or just like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment