Tuesday 26 March 2013

Essie Haul

I'm SOO happy as I recently ordered some Essie nail polish from a discount website (Cosmetics by Candy). Believe it or not, the polishes were only £2.99 each! So me and my friend jumped at the chance and bought them together so we didn't have to pay P+P! We both bought 3 each and I've already swatched all of mine and I'm quite pleased with the quality. This was my first try of any of Essie's polishes so I was really excited to try them!


The first colour I bought was A Crewed Interest from the 'Navigate Her' collection from Spring 2012.
This is a gorgous peach colour and is really easy to apply. It only really needs 2 coats to have a good finish and I think the consistency is great! I think it's a great colour for spring and I can't wait to wear it!








The second colour is Ballet Slippers which I believe is in their general collection. I love this colour, it's so natural and feminine. I think this would look great with a pretty dress or just when you want a natural look. The only problem is that it is quite sheer and needs 3 or 4 coats before it is opaque. But other than that I have no problem with it!






The last one I bought was Glamour Purse from the 'Brand New Bag' collection from Autumn 2011. It's a lovely smokey-chocolatey brown. I know it's more of an autumn colour but I still love it I will most likely wear it whatever the season! Again I love the consistenct and 1 coat shows the colour well. However I would apply more than 1 coat as there are a few lighter patches that don't show the colour as well as other parts.




















My friend (Leah) also bought some and she sent me pictures of what her nails looked like with the polish. The first one she bought was to Buy Or Not To Buy from the 'Navigate Her' collection from Spring 2012. It's a gorgeous lilac colour with just a hint of purple shimmer. It looks great on the nails and I think it's a great colour for spring!






The next one she bought was Navigate Her, the main polish of the same collection. It's a really beautiful green and reminds me of spring and summer so much! Even with only one coat the colour comes up great and there is no streakiness!









The final one was Tour De Finance which was again from the 'Navigate Her' collection, haha! The colour is a hot pink with a lovely shimmer. I think it's a great summer colour and is really fun! Again, the colour comes up vibrantly with just 1 coat!




All in all I LOVE all of the polishes I bought and I will definately be purchasing more Essie in the future and I will also be keeping an eye out on the website for more colours and other good brands. Also check out my best friend Leah's blog at Blusherandblogging. Please visit my YouTube page Darkeowl. Darkeowl's YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment