Monday 4 March 2013

Favourite Lip Products

There's nothing better than finishing a great eye look with a great lipstick! Whether it's a natural lip with a shiny gloss or a bold matte lipstick! I don't have many lipsticks or lipglosses but I wanted to share my favourites and the ones I would recommend that finish a great look!

I'm going to go through my favourite lip products first and the first one I'm going to talk- well...type- about is my E.L.F lipstick in the shade 'Posh'. It's a gorgeous berry red colour and has a really pretty sheen to it. The shine is subtle, yet shinny enough to notice. It lasts for ages on the lips and I find it goes great with loads of different looks! I actually wore this to a wedding recently and quite a few people commented on how well it finished the look! For only £1.50 I think it's a GREAT buy!


The next product is another lipstick from E.L.F and it's one of their matte lip colours from the studio range. The one I love is in the shade 'Natural'. As the name of it suggests it looks very natural on the lips and is a beautiful pinky colour. Again, it lasts ages on the lips and it really helps finish a neutral look, or a bold eye look, that can be worn anywhere! There is a slight problem however as it tends to dry out your lips once the colour has been on for a few hours. To solve this I do the obvious and apply lip balm before I put the colour on and this prevents my lips from drying as much. Altogether, this E.L.F product was £3.75 and I would definitely recommend it.


I have one last lipstick before I go onto my lip glosses and it's the technic juicy stick which I recieved as a gift from one of my best friends (go check out her blog she does great posts! blusherandblogging's blog!). It gives a lovely glitter to the lips and is sheer but still has a hint of coraly pink colour! I love this with any natural look and it's also very hydrating! A great gift in my opinion!



Now on to the lip gloss! The first one is a colourworks lip gloss (which I believe is available at Superdrug) and one of my great friends bought me this in a set for Christmas! It works as a plumping gloss without actually being one! It has a lovely smell and applies to the lips really easily, it's a gorgeous, sheer colour that goes with quite a few different lipsticks. It lasts for quite a while however if you want it to be visable all through the day I would say that you should pop it into your bag or whatever you take out with you as it doesn't last for THAT long before it wears off.

The second lip gloss is another gloss I got in a set for Christmas but this time it was in a Playboy set. I LOVE the scent and taste of these (they taste like cream soda!) and they stay on the lips for a really long time! This one is the white one in the set and I love using this just to add a sheen and abit of glitter to the lips. Because it's white it goes with lots of different coloured lipsticks and it also makes my lips look plumped!

Last gloss is a plumping gloss, but I really have no idea who it's by because I've had it so long the writing has faded and I can't see! It has a cinnamon taste (which I cannot STAND!) but I resist throwing up becuase it gives such a gorgeous colour to the lips. It is a hot pink but is sheer enough for it to look more natural without losing all of it's colour! It has little peices of glitter that help the lips look even plumper!

So those were my favourite lip products! I don't think my make-up looks would have such a big impact if it weren't for these beautys! Thank you for reading, I hope it helped you in some way with deciding on what type of lip product and what brands will look good with different eye looks! Please visit my YouTube page Darkeowl. Darkeowl's YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment