Sunday 14 July 2013

OOTD: BBQ in a heatwave!

It's been so hot here in the West Midlands for a few weeks now and the other night me and my dad got invited to a BBQ. Now I don't have many things to wear in the summer because it's never usually this hot! So I decided to wear one of the only day dresses I own... AND I LOVE IT!! This outfit was so breathable and cool in the hot weather and wasn't uncomfortable at all!
The dress: I bought this dress from Primark earlier this year. I was so amazed because it was only £7 and for that price I could not walk away! I's a navy blue rah-rah dress with little hearts all over it and I think it's so pretty and versatile as I would wear this on an average day but I also wear it when I need to dress up a bit. I just change the accessories and my hair and it transforms it so well. It's great for me as I'm a lil' bit chunkier so this pulls me in at the waist so nicely while the layers hide my belly!

The shoes: I recently found out I had no pretty shoes that I could wear with tights So that was my next task and I finally found some really nice ones! These were from Store 21 and were at the amazing price of £4.99. Again they're a navy blue and have little white swallows dotted all over them. They are so comfortable and so pretty so I'm really happy I bought these!




Hair: If you follow me on Instgram (my username is Darkeowl ;) hehe) then you'll know that I was super happy about how my hair had dried... (well that's a random topic!) I loved how it had gone so curly naturally and I didn't want to put it up but I also didn't want it in my face! So I decided to have it both ways and put half up, half down. I used a really pretty flower clip from Claires to secure it and hide the hair band I'd put in it! Overall I think it was a really pretty look!



Makeup: I wanted to keep my make-up really simple because it's so hot! So I just used a little bit of concealer and powder and applied some eyeliner and mascara to my eyes. I also used my new Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss which tastes AMAZING!



So that is my outfit of the day! I really loved the way I looked going to the BBQ (I know that sounds a little bit vein but I don't usually like the way I look!) and I hope this has given you some inspiration for if you're going to a BBQ! Good luck and try not to melt ;)

Thanks for reading, don't forget to take a look at my other posts and have a look at my YouTube channel too! Darkeowl's YouTube Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment