Wednesday 31 July 2013

July 2013 Favourites!

I cannot believe that we're almost in August already! This year has just flown by! Soon I'll be getting my GCSE results and going to college... now THAT'S a scary thought!! But since it's the end of the month it's time to do my favourites for the month of July! There have been lots of things I've been loving this month and a lot of them are because of the heat-wave we've been having here in England! So, lets get into it!


The first thing I've been loving is my Collection base coat and ridge filler. I've been changing my nail polish pretty regularly this month and I've noticed that using this has made the polish last a LOT longer before it chips and also protect my nails from getting dyed! This polish was only £2.99 but it is so helpful and works really well. Which just goes to show you don't need to spend loads of money to get a good quality product!







The next thing I've been loving in this blistering heat is my After-sun lotion from Lacura! It's soothing, moisturising and really cools down the burning. It's also really cheap which is great when you need a lot! This product has really been saving my skin after I've been a bit lazy with the sun block!









Ever since I received the Glossybox with the Premae facial toner in, I have not been able to live without a toner! Even though I loved that one, I didn't really want to spend the amount it costs on a new one. So I've been doing a little searching and experimenting and have ended up falling in love with my Simple Soothing Toner! I always end up turning to Simple products as they're affordable, work great on sensitive skin and really do their job well! Since I've been using it, my skin has cleared up dramatically and the colour has really evened out! I use this everyday after washing my face and it works a treat!



With the weather being so hot and humid this month in England, I haven't really been trying too hard with my make-up because I know I'll end up just sweating it all off (EWW!). So for my eye shadow I've been using my E.L.F eye shadow and liner stick in the bronzy shade. I love how easy it is to apply yet it also creates an amazing colour that really compliments my eyes! It's such a beautiful colour and I love the texture so much I think I may buy some more as they're simple yet look really good when applied! I also use the liner end on my top lash line and smudge it out with a brush to create a really nice smokey eye!




In the summer time I love wearing bright and fun nail polish (I did a top 5 summer nail colours video on my YouTube channel, click here to check it out!) and I didn't think that this next favourite would be quite as summery as I liked... boy I was wrong! Sinful Colours' Soul Mate is an amazing, bright, fun pink that looks great in the summer time! It's not as neon as other pinks which in my eyes makes it more wearable as I don't like those types of pinks. The wear is great over a base coat and I think I will be using this a lot more in the future!




My next favourite is Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balm in the shade Peach Kiss which I was lucky enough to win from the girls at Makeup Your Mind (click here to go to their YouTube channel!). This product tastes SO good and really moisturises my lips! I apply it every morning after I've done my skincare routine and I cannot help but taste my lips after I've applied it. It does have some colour in it but because my lips are really dark the colour doesn't show up. I really love this product and can't wait to find some in Boots now they've been released here in England!





My last favourite of the month is Charles Worthington's Frizz Free Serum for my hair. Since it's been so hot here recently I haven't been wanting to use my hair dryer when I wash my hair (when not blow drying my hair it also dries curlier!). So I've just been applying this through my entire hair before and after I let it dry and this has made my hair more controllable and less like Medusa once it's dried! I bought this a few months ago and have used it most of the time but I didn't think it would be this good when I didn't use my hair dryer. Once again, I was wrong and it's become of my favourites for this month!



So those were all of my favourites for the month of July! I definitely recommend these products and I think I will be repurchasing these in the future! Hope you've enjoyed reading this and please check out my YouTube channel! Darkeowl's YouTube Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment