Monday 23 February 2015

NOTW 15: Pancake Nails!

I know it's a little late but I really wanted to do this nail design! I was so excited to try it out and I think it's come out pretty well. This weeks Nails of the Weeks are inspired by pancakes! I wanted to create a design that looked like pancakes with syrup or chocolate on and I really like the result!


I used the water marbling effect to create the swirls and this was the first time I'd tried this technique! It took a while to get everything right but overall I think it's great for a first attempt. The colours I used were Sally Hansen's 'Dune' (cream/nude) and Essie's 'Glamour Purse' (brown). I wanted to create a swirl pattern more than the normal pattern as I thought it would look more like syrup that has been poured on top. I love this design and I think I will be using this technique in the future now I know how to do it properly! I love the colours of the polish too; Dune is a pretty cream colour and Glamour Purse is a rich brown colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment